AmigaActive (2037/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:31 May 2000 at 10:55:54
Subject:Re: serious problem -need answer quick (this is OT)

Bart King said,

> "Neil Bothwick" <neil@wire.net.uk> wrote:

>> Why does it have nothing to do with Amigas? Amiga browsers can handle
>> two of the three most common audio filetypes.

> Can't you tell I learnt HTML and Internet stuff on PCs? :)

Yes!

> Although I don't know anything about Amiga browsers (there, I confessed ;)
> I'd be pretty sure they don't actually support sound at all stand-alone.
> Does a search in the IBrowse executable - for example - for the string
> "audio.device" show any results?

I hope not, it would be bad programming if it did. That's not the way
the Amiga works. We have datatypes to avoid every programmer having to
include their own viewing and playing routines. Why code it into the
browser when the OS will do it for you?

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Overcome by jealousy, Data dismembers the Energizer Bunny

Hot off the press- summer's here!
School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.